Membership ~ Why Join?
Why join the NCCA?
- Excellent educational events: the Fall Education Day and Spring Conference are offered at a reduced rate to members. The NCCA offers continuing education credits for these conferences.
- Network with chaplains from all over North Carolina who serve in diverse settings, including prisons, hospitals, retirement communities,U.S.military, and hospices.
- The NCCA serves as an advocate for the profession of chaplaincy. For example, the NCCA recently advocatd for prison chaplains in North Carolina when the legislature considered eliminating chaplaincy positions. Our organization’s Board includes an institutional consultant who works with chaplains on advocacy issues.
- As an NCCA member you will have access to members only sections of our website, such as employment opportunities, our membership directory which is searchable by area (see who are members are all over the state by location), and members only rates to conferences and educational events.
- Members have an opportunity to volunteer for the organization in various roles, such as education chair, publicity, advocacy, website administration, planning educational events, and other leadership opportunities.
- Together we help determine the quality of chaplaincy in our state!
Any chaplain who is ordained, endorsed, or commissioned by a faith group, and who is employed in an institution, military branch, or industry may apply for membership in the NCCA. If you are a current student in a current CPE program, you may also apply as an Associate Member. You may complete the membership applicationand pay your dues at the same time. If you are joining the NCCA for the first time, your name will then be presented to the Executive Committee at the Spring Board meeting for recommendation. If your organization is paying your dues by check or you wish to pay your dues by check, you may complete your application online, printout the confirmation email you will receive and mail your dues to the address provided on the confirmation with a check for payment.
Full Membership in the Association shall be open to all chaplains ordained, endorsed, commissioned, or recognized by a faith group, and who are employed full- or part-time in institutions, military, or industries within the state of North Carolina. Applicants shall be admitted to membership following the receipt of a formal application, recommendation by the membership committee, approval by the Association, and payment of current dues.
Associate Membership in the NCCA shall be open to professional persons or students* who do not meet the requirements for membership, but who indicate interest in the purposes of this Association. Applicants shall be admitted to Associate Membership following the receipt of a formal application, recommendation by the Membership Committee, approval by the Association, and payment of current dues. Associate members have all privileges of membership, except the right to vote or hold an elective office.
*CPE Residents/Interns shall apply for Associate Membership.
Retired and emeritus members – you have already paid your dues! Please submit your contact information so we may keep you up to date on NCCA events and news, and so that you may register to attend events.